Are you passionate about film and want to work in the film industry, but are struggling to find your way in? The Film Directors Association (FDA) will be running an eight-month paid traineeship at a UK distributor.
They are looking to recruit ambitious trainees from across the UK who can display the following attributes and who are prepared to relocate to London.
* A passion for film and a desire to learn
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* Experience of using Microsoft Office packages and email
* The ability to work as part of a team
Dates: April – December 2018 in London
Trainees will undertake an office-based placement in a UK distribution company. They want to make the film industry more inclusive, focusing on people of colour and those with disabilities, as they are underrepresented in the commercial sector of the film industry.
* Trainees will work full time (defined as 35 hours per week) for 32 weeks in host companies, and will regularly attend training sessions with the other trainees, which will further enhance their employability skills and knowledge of the film industry.
* Trainees will be paid a monthly training allowance equivalent to the London Living Wage (this is £306.25 per week and is exempt from tax and National Insurance).
* Trainees will be entitled to 16 days annual leave, subject to agreement with their host organisation.
* Be new entrants to the film industry (i.e. not have more than twelve months industry work experience, be it continuous or discontinuous/paid or unpaid.)
* Be UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.
To apply please fill in the online application form at https://fs8.formsite.com/FDAINTERN/form6/index.html?1520520104623
The deadline for applications is end of day on March 31st, 2018
For more information regarding film distribution in the UK please see www.launchingfilms.com. For any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org