“My name is Rose Chukwumesili Amissah, I have been living in the United Kingdom for nearly 30 years, I am a married woman with five children, and I have been married for twenty four years. I am a relationship coach and a Lawyer practising in Family Law, Immigration Law, Criminal Law, Mental Health Law and Housing Law. I am a director of a college because my second degree was a BA in health and Education and I have spent many years organising and executing charitable events for youth and parents within our communities.
I am well integrated in the London Nigerian community owing to the work I do. I have recently written five books and I will be launching them on Saturday 3rd May 2014 at Community House, Edmonton NP 0PZ.
The Titles and descriptions of my Books are as follows,
1. Domestic Abuse: A book talking to the abused, abuser and interested parties, it answers questions on what is Domestic abuse, the signs of domestic abuse, what to do if you are being domestically abused, help for the abuser and other topics. Our Nigerian men and families are heavily affected by this and sometimes deported on this basis. The aim of this book is to bring domestic abuse to an end in our communities.
2. Divorce: The rate of divorce is very high in our community and the effect of it is very traumatic, psychologically and mentally damaging for the children and parties alike. With my experience as a mental health lawyer, I have witnessed many young people; men and women in the mental health hospital due to family breakdown or divorce. This book enlightens the reader on the causes and effects of divorce and gives them tips and help on how to avoid it.
3. Forever Attractive: This book empowers women to be strong and confident. It appeals to the married women and their obligation against themselves and their husbands to remain attractive and beautiful both internally and externally once they are married. This was written as a result of my dismay at the divorce rates and some divorces being only due to petty issues such as the wife not being physically appealing to the husband any longer. I write from this view.
4. Getting Married: This book encourages people in our community to get married and build successful homes rather than them becoming dependent on the community/government due to lack of proper financial support; as some men would prefer to stop their job rather than pay child support because they are not married to the woman. It also answers the questions in the hearts of many people seeking to get married, young and old, hoping to equip them with the life tools to enter into and sustain a marriage thereafter. The life lessons are very transferrable and will leave the reader seeking the right things in their path to get married and knowing what to do to get there.
5. Raising a Child Successfully: This book talks about issues that parents face in bringing up their children successfully; topics include the child and education, the child and manners, the child and friends, the child and communication, the child’s involvement in community and others. It is full of practical insights and highlights a lot of tips I have taken from my personal experience. As you may depict.
My books aim to pass across relevant community knowledge about some of the core issues that the people in our community face on a daily basis. I draw upon my experiences to give practical advice to the readers. You will find that anyone who picks up these books will have an easy read and complete it motivated to implement or refreshed to continue in the right path that they have been going in”.
“You will find this to be the beginning of a great community builder and improver among the Nigerian community in London. I will subsequently be holding workshops and Seminars shuffling all around London“.
To find out more about Rose Chukwumesili Amissah books, call Tel: 07960 834 870 or click here