Black British Business Awards (BBBA) enter their second year of celebrating the outstanding achievements of black British business leaders.
On 12th March 2015 Business Secretary The Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP attended the official launch of the Black British Business Awardshosted at BNP Paribas along with other celebrated business leaders, including Piers Linney.
Endorsed by the Prime Minister David Cameron, with EY as key sponsor for the second year running, the awards will look to further strengthen recognition of the important contribution made by Black British business professionals and entrepreneurs.
The BBBAwards launched in 2014 as the only premium awards programme which recognises and celebrates the exceptional performance and outstanding achievements of black entrepreneurs and professionals in Britain. The 2014 awards also received support from Baker & McKenzie, BP, EDF Energy, Reed Smith, Thomson Reuters and Virgin Money.
Nominations can be submitted here
This year’s ceremony will be held at The Hilton Park Lane Hotel, London, on 20thOctober 2015, and will recognise 10 outstanding black business professionals and entrepreneurs in five industry categories:
- Financial Services (includes banks, brokers, payment services, insurance companies, credit cards, funds and regulators)
- Retail and Consumer Goods (includes food, beverage, household goods, retail, travel and leisure, cosmetics, personal and luxury goods)
- Infrastructure and Manufacturing (includes transportation, built environment, power and utilities)
- Professional Services (includes law, accounting, management consultancy and in-house professionals)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (includes health, industrials, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, transport and energy)
- Sanjay Bhandari, Partner, EY
- Karen Blackett OBE, CEO MediaCom
- Sophie Chandauka, Co-Founder of the Black British Business Awards and Head of Group Treasury (Legal) at Virgin Money
- Donna Herdsman, Director – UK Public Sector at Hewlett-Packard
- Adrian Joseph | Director and Head of Adometry Client Services EMEA, Google
- Dr Sandie Okoro, Global General Counsel of HSBC Asset Management
- Paul Reed, Chief Executive of Integrated Supply and Trading at BP
- Daniel Taylor, Managing Director, Metro Design
Melanie Eusebe, Chair and Co-Founder of the Black British Business Awards commented:
“We are all relishing the opportunity to build on the success of last year’s awards. There were so many brilliant and inspirational individuals amongst our finalists last year, and I’m delighted we have another chance to put some of the exceptional black British entrepreneurs and business minds in the UK under the spotlight.”
“Improving the diversity of UK PLC transcends the responsibility of government, business and individuals. There is no quick fix or silver bullet, but role models undoubtedly have an important part to play.
“The Black British Business Awards are a fantastic opportunity to uncover hidden talent and shine the spotlight on the UK’s top business leaders. EY is proud to support these inaugural awards and I look forward to meeting this year’s inspirational entrants.” – Sanjay Bhandari, an EY partner and member of the awards judging panel.
The deadlines for nominations is Monday 5 May 2015.
For further information and to submit a nomination visit www.thebbbawards.com