Monday is the start of a new week for most of us, its the most boring day of the week but surprisingly also the most effective day we embark on something new. This is why we’re introducing this Fitness Monday to help ou kick stat your week. No matter what size or shape you are, it’s always good to have at list a small exercise routine to either bust your immune system or help you get through the day. Here are 5 easy great workouts that can be bolted on to your regular workout sessions if you want to tone your abs, legs, triceps or buttocks or just keep fit.
1. Cardo Workout: Exercise your heart and lungs with this 10-minute cardio workout routine for aerobic fitness. If you have a skipping rope, replace any of the exercises with a 60-second burst of skipping.
2. Abs Workout: Tone your tummy muscles and get a flat stomach with this 10-minute abs workout. These abdominal exercises strengthen the muscles around your trunk.
3. Step-Ups: Place entire right foot on a stair or a sturdy platform, and step up with left leg following. Step down with left leg, reaching back about 12 inches; follow with right. Do 12 times, keeping chest lifted, then switch sides and repeat. As you get stronger, try this move with weights.
4. Chair Squats: Stand in front of chair, feet hip-distance apart, toes forward. Lean chest slightly forward. Bend knees, tap (don’t sit!) bottom on chair, then stand up. Keep your weight in your heels and keep knees over toes. Do 10 to 12 reps.
5. Oblique Crunches: Lie on back, with knees bent. Cross left ankle over opposite knee. Place right hand behind head and lift right shoulder toward left knee. Release down. Do 10 to 12 reps, then switch sides.
So there you have it. Never let excuses make the decision for you, mostly when you want to make a change on how you look. Even if you have only 10 minutes a day for exercise, make it count because it will pay off in the long run.
Written by: Noellin Imoh-Griffiths