Earlier the year, 14 start-ups from across Africa who were selected by Lagos-based tech incubator Co-Creation Hub for its Pitch Drive across Europe have begun their journey to raising €20 million in funding.
The startups who will spend five weeks pitching to over 300 investors in London, UK; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Berlin, Germany; Zurich, Switzerland; and Paris, France, arrived London August 14.
On August 15th, the startups visited Google’s office and then to Omidyar Network in London.
The Pitch Drive is powered by Google for Entrepreneurs.
At the end of the visit to Omidyar Network, the startups enjoyed a performance by award-winning producer and singer Cobhams Asuquo.
The 14 startups, selected out of 118 entries include;
- Kudobuzz from Ghana, currently helping over 14k businesses increase sales with social verifiable reviews & SEO.
- Ongair from Kenya, a customer relationship management service for businesses to have real time conversations with customers.
- Gebeya, also from Kenya, is an online marketplace for IT talents in Africa to be found & hired.
- PiggyBank from Nigeria, enabling Nigerian debit card holders automatically save frequently.
- Gloo, another from Nigeria, is an online supermarket that handles homemakers shopping hassles saving time & energy.
- PrepClass, Nigeria, is an academic solutions provider offering students tailored learning programs.
- Tradedepot, from Nigeria, is a one-stop platform offering brands an automated route-to-market to retailers.
- LifeBank is from Nigeria and is about saving lives by mobilizing blood & making it available when needed.
- Fashpa, Nigeria, is an online platform that uses on demand manufacturing to deliver fast fashion.
- FIREFLY from Senegal is a digital advertising agency specializing in communication in public transport.
- GoMetro from South Africa is a high-growth business aimed at improving urban commuting using digital tools.
- ClinicMaster from Uganda is a healthcare management software that automates patients’ clinic transactions.
- BitFinance is from Zimbabwe and is a financial service that sells and buys BitCoins in Harare.
- RealFood from Zimbabwe is an online food service that delivers wholesome & locally sourced recipe boxes.
AfricanGlitz.com | Rebranding & Celebrating Africa! FOR MORE STORIES FOLLOW US Twitter: @African_Glitz Facebook: @AfricanGlitz Instagram: @AfricanGlitz