Celebrated Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was in Spain and appeared in conversation with journalist Anna Guitart at Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) in Barcelona, to talk about feminism. “If you take a feminist stand in this world, you have to face hostility”. She said.
- She talked about becoming a feminist before knowing what it actually means.
- She talked about how people see feminism as a ‘BAD WORD’ when it’s not
- She also spoke about giving Beyonce Permission to use her words, saying it was a good thing but not everyone saw it that way.
- She talked about her passion about writing and speaking
- She also talked about women empowerment among other things.
During her visit to Barcelona, she also met with members of Barcelona International Black Sisters (BIBS) and Black Barcelona.
PHOTOS FROM THE EVENT
Photo credit: CCCB/Miquel Taverna