Nigerian songstress, Yemi Alade and a band of international stars which include Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson, British singer, Pixie Lott and India’s very own Monali Thakur teams up with Shell unveiling a new music video called ‘On Top of the World’ to put the spotlight on a range of clean energy initiatives being undertaken across the world to reduce air pollution and spread awareness of their benefits.
The 5 music stars who are from different part of the globe in the video, shares 5 energy ideas and also demonstrate the impact of clean energy projects supported by Shell around the world, including Nigeria, Brazil, China, the US, Kenya, India, Germany and the UK.
The video showcases both ‘bright energy ideas’ created by entrepreneurs supported by #makethefuture campaign, and some projects from Shell and its partners to create cleaner energy solutions like:
- Shell Natural Gas: Providing cleaner cooking option with piped natural gas, combating indoor pollution, and empowering women by reducing the time they spend in the kitchen – a time they can allot to exercise their basic right to education and employment
- Insular: Providing solar energy access to low-income communities in Brazil
- GravityLight: Creating sustainable and cleaner light for families and children in Kenya
- Shell Partnership with Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves: Bringing clean cookstoves to families and creating healthier homes in China
- Shell Hydrogen: Creating additional cleaner transport choices for the future in the USA, Germany and the UK
‘On Top of the World’ is the latest chapter in the #makethefuture global energy relay, that began in 2016 with the launch of the ‘Best Day of My Life’ music video, which subsequently topped viral video charts and became one of the most viewed online videos of the year globally.
Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson, British songstress Pixie Lott, Brazilian chart-topper Luan Santana and Nigerian artist Yemi Alade reunite and are joined by Indian talent Monali Thakur to cover the Imagine Dragons’ hit ‘On Top of the World’.