What are the 20 things we should remember about life but very often forget?
Read on and as you discover each point, make it a life goal to remember them always
- Life is Your Responsibility — No one will do it for you.
- Only ‘Now’ exists — Tomorrow never comes and yesterday is long gone by.
- Life’s a Day at the Amusement Park — Your day at the park will eventually come to an end. Do not waste all of it worrying.
- Happiness is what Matters Most — Everything else is just a means to an end. Do not forget that.
- The only difference is Choice — The only difference between you and anybody else in the world is how you spend your 24 hours.
- Some People are Not Worth it — Think carefully before you sacrifice your positivity and energy on people that only bring you down.
- Change it or Forget it — There is no point in worrying about things that will not remain the same or things that will always be.
- Keep a sense of Humor — “Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure.” — Dan Millman
- You spend 24 hours a day with Yourself — That is a long time to hate someone. It’s about time you started getting to know you and enjoying your own company.
- It’s all a matter of how you View it — People have smiled in situations far worse than yours and have cried in situations far better than yours. It’s not about what happens but how you view it that matters.
- It’s okay to feel weak, sad and anything else — Whatever you feel you feel. Denying that won’t make it go away. You might as well accept it.
- Nothing ever stays the same — Whether it gets better or worse depends on what you choose to do right now, but it will change.
- You always have to pay in advance — You get nothing for nothing and not before you paid for it. That’s true for all of life.
- It’s okay to get help — There is no joy or success that is found in living a depressing life because you were too proud to get the assistance you needed.
- Giving up is the only way to truly Fail — Everything else is a setback.
- This is all for You — Every bit of stress, every negative event, every tear you shed was all so you could lead a better life. Remember, you are in this for you.
- Anything can change in an instant — The moment you decide things will change is the moment they do. Not a moment sooner.
- Don’t wait too long — Life moves on. The sign may never come. There may never be a perfect moment. Don’t rely on it; do something anyway.
- Look in the Mirror First — If you’re not happy or where you want to be the most likely reason for it will stare back at you in the mirror. Ask yourself first: “What did I not do?”
- Now is the best time to Start — No matter when you read this, right now is the perfect time to start. 2 a.m. or 5 p.m. Right now is the perfect chance to turn it all around.
This article was originally published on Medium by The Life