The Nigerian social media space has been rambling by a viral claim that President Muhammadu Buhari is set to marry a Sadia Farouw.
The alleged marriage has gathering momentum under two trending hashtags on Twitter, #BUSA19 and #BUSA2019, stated that the woman the president is said to marry is the new minister for the newly created Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq.
The alleged 2nd lady, Sadia Umar Farouq, is a cabinet member in President Muhammadu Buhari‘s administration and here are 7 things you should know about her:
- She was born on November 5th, 1974 and is the youngest minister in President Buhari’s cabinet.
- Sadiya Farouq is one of the 7 women who make up Buhari’s ministers. She’s the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
- Sadiya Farouq was the Federal Commissioner for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons, appointed in 2016.
- She served as the National Treasurer of the APC between June 2013 to June 2014.
- She served as the National Treasurer of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), one of the parties that merged to form the APC, between June 2013 to June 2014.
- She was in APC’s directorates of election planning and monitoring, field operations and fund-raising for the 2015 presidential election.
- She hails from Zamfara State and has a B.Sc in Business Administration from the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. She also has a masters degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy and an MBA from the same school.
RELATED: First Lady Aisha Buhari Locked Out of Aso Rock as President Buhari Prepares To Take a New Wife