busola Dakolo’s rape allegations against pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo has been dismissed by High Court of the Federal Capital Territory. Busola, the wife of sensational singer, Timi Dakolo was also fined N1,000,000 to be paid as damages to the COZA pastor.
Nigerian Court called for ruling on preliminary application and declared that the matter is statute-barred and that it cannot address the substance of the matter because it happened a long ago.
Amidst the recent news, a statement released from the legal representative of Busola Dakolo Pelu Olajengbesi read
“We have received several calls after the ruling of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory sitting in Bwari this morning seeking our view on the decision of the Court, hence, this statement. 1. The Court ruled that the matter is statute-barred because the events that crystallized to form the cause of action took place 16 years ago and that the Claimant, Mrs Busola Dakolo has only 6 years within which to seek redress in court in line with the statute of limitation.
2. We’re mindful of the decision as delivered by the court, presided over by Hon. Justice A.O Musa. We’re equally observant of the fact that the Court failed to address the cause of action/subject matter of the suit in determining whether it has jurisdiction to entertain the matter.
3. While we acknowledge the time of the Court, we know in accordance with the Nigerian Judicial system that the Court’s decision is not final as it is glaringly contestable.
4. For all intent and purposes and having seen several sponsored misleading reports in the media, we are duty-bound to state that the court has not and did not exonerate Mr Biodun Fatoyinbo. As it stands, the substance of the matter has not received any judicial attention.
5. Mr BIODUN FATOYINBO, through his lawyers, has only argued that the court should not allow the matter to proceed to trial because it is an event that occurred long ago and hence out of time.
6. We shall therefore in this circumstance approach a superior court to intervene for a better appreciation, and take a more expansive view of the suit considering that the subject matter is one that is novel in our clime.”
First, the case was riddled with reports by the court registrar of missing case files. Now this kind of judgement and a media masturbation over deliberate disinformation. The substance of the case is still at play.
REACTION FROM NIGERIANS
It is painful sha.
I hope other victims would speak up, if he doesn't go down for this case, he will surely go down for another case.
— ENIOLA (@woman__being) November 14, 2019
What is going on in Nigeria bayii
Court dismissed busola dakolo case smh pic.twitter.com/AsfDrNbAkt
— jide 🌚☆ (@officialljide) November 14, 2019
Source: Twitter @segalink