Meet the Adebanjos, the British Sitcom created by south London Duo, Debra Odutuyo and Andrew Osayemi, has launched worldwide on Netflix 9 years after the duo tried to get their series on BBC, ITV and SKY.
After being rejected multiple times from mainstream broadcasters the duo raised the funds to independently produce the sitcom (which is about the culture clash between immigrant parents trying to raise their British kids). They managed to produce 3 seasons (50 episodes) over the course of 6 years and at the start of November 2019 managed to secure a deal for Netflix to air the show worldwide and is now streaming around the world.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE MAKING OF THE SITCOM
The duo are more than happy to talk about the following
- How they managed to secure the Netflix deal without any mainstream backing
- How they bounced back following the multiple rejections of the mainstream TV broadcasters
- How they raised the money to produce the 3 seasons
- How Andrew Osayemi left his investment banking job to pursue a dream in TV
- To give advice to other aspiring creatives with a dream to get their TV concept on Netflix
For more show and cast information and clips: