Popular business magazine Forbes has released the most recent list of its top 20 richest people in Africa and Aliko Dangote remains at the top of the billionaire ranking for the 9th consecutive years.
The Nigerian business tycoon net worth was estimated at $10.1 billion behind Egypt businessman, Nassef Sawiris, who stand at number 2 with a net worth of $8 billion.
Though Dangote maintained top position yet again, his overall fortune took a dip and is the exact equivalent of his worth back in 2011 when he first broke into the list.
Dangote fellow countryman and telecom mogul, Mike Adenuga, was ranked at number 3 with a net worth of $7.7 billion.
The remaining two spots in the first five are occupied by Nicky Oppenheimer and Johann Rupert who both hail from South Africa and have a net worth of $7.7 and $6.5 billion respectively.
Isabel Dos Santos and Folorunsho Alakija are the only two women on the list, at 13 and 20, with an individual net worth of $2.2 and $1 billion.
According to Forbes, this year’s list was chosen from 8 African countries. The overall list sees Egypt and South Africa produce 5 billionaires each, followed by Nigeria with 4, Morocco with 2, and 1 each from Algeria, Angola, Zimbabwe and Tanzania.
See the full list below:
1. Alinko Dangote $10.1 billion.
2. Nassef Sawiris $8 billion.
3. Mike Adenuga $7.7 billion.
4. Nicky Oppenheimer $7.7 billion.
5. Johann Rupert $6.5 billion.
6. Issad Rebrab $4.4 billion.
7. Mohamed Mansour $3.3 billion.
8. Abdulsamad Rabiu $3.1 billion.
9. Naguib Sawiris $3 billion.
10. Patrice Motsepe $2.6 billion.
11. Koos Bekker $2.5 billion.
12. Yasseen Mansour $2.3 billion.
13. Isabel dos Santos $2.2 billion.
14. Youssef Mansour $1.9 billion.
15. Aziz Akhannouch $1.7 billion.
16. Mohammed Dewji $1.6 billion.
17. Othman Benjelloun $1.4 billion.
18. Michiel Le Roux $1.3 billion.
19. Strive Masiyiwa $1.1 billion.
20. Folorunsho Alakija $1 billion.
Photo Credit: Forbes Magazine