The most anticipated interview with Oprah Winfrey, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle has dropped, and just as expected, it was a bombshell that has got the world buzzing.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, without a doubt, dropped a lot of shockers during the two hours long interview, which looked into their life inside the royal family.
The 39-year-old former actress, whose mother is Black and father is white, said she had been naive before she married into royalty in 2018 and didn’t know much about royalty and the prince she was about to Marry.
In late February 2020, American television, CBS revealed that Oprah Winfrey would interview the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for a CBS primetime special set for March the 7th in the United States and Mach 8th in the UK. Despite the pandemic, the world was looking forward to the interview. However, most people thought it was uncalled for, especially as the Royal family are more concerned about the queen’s husband, Prince Philip, who is 99 years of age and in hospital.
As we know, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan relocated to the United States at the beginning of 2020 and have settled in Santa Barbara, California. this was Following their landmark decision to step away from royal duties at the start of the year.
With nearly three years since her star-studded wedding in Windsor Castle, Meghan Markle described some unidentified members of the royal household as brutal, mendacious and guilty of racist remarks.
According to reports, the two-hour broadcast was the most anticipated royal interview since Harry’s late mother — Princess Diana, shared intimate details of her failed marriage to Charles in 1995.
Without wasting any more time, let’s dive into the Top 10 Shocking Bombs, Prince Harry and His wife Meghan dropped during the interview.
- Finance Prince Harry revealed that he was cut off financially, and this is why they’re engaging in deals with Netflix and Spotify, among several other jobs. He also added that his father, Prince Charles, heir to the throne, had let him down and refused to take his calls at one point.
2. Suicidal Thoughts: Meghan Markle, the Dutches of Sussex, revealed that she had suicidal thoughts while living in England. The duchess said she had been silenced by “the Firm” — which is the queen and other royals — and that her pleas for help while in distress at racist reporting and her predicament had fallen on deaf ears.
3. Colourism: Meghan Markle, who is expecting her second child, revealed that before the birth of baby Archie, Someone in the royal household had a chat with her husband Prince Harry and was concerned about how dark their first child’s skin might turn out. Meghan said her son was denied the title of prince because the royal family were concerned “about how dark his skin might be when he’s born”. The couple, however, declined to point fingers at who aired such concerns.
4. Clueless with No Help: Meghan Markle revelled that when she joined the royal family, she was clueless about so many things, and no one helped her. They rather snubbed her instead.
5. First Wedding: The couple revealed that they had a quiet and simple wedding ceremony the way they wanted 3 days before the huge and highly publicized wedding televised in 2018.
6. Meghan & Kate Relationship: There has been a well-publicized story about how Meghan Markle and The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Medilton relationship and how they did not along. Reports have it that Meghan made Kate cried on one occasion. Well, addressing that issue for the first time, Meghan Markle review that it was the other way round, and Kate was the one who made her cry.
7. Unprotected: Meghan told Oprah that people within the royal institution not only failed to protect her against malicious claims but lied to protect others.
“It was only once we were married that everything started to really worsen that I came to understand that not only was I not being protected but that they were willing to lie to protect other members of the family,” Meghan said.
8: Blindsiding The Queen: Prince Harry denied blindsiding his grandmother the Queen with his decision to shun life within the monarchy.
9. The Queen: While the family came in for open criticism, neither Harry nor Meghan attacked Queen Elizabeth directly.
10 . New Baby: One of the good news that came out of the interview was when Prince Harry Revealed to the world that they’re expecting a baby girl. Now people are wondering if they will name her after his late mother.